Friday, March 9, 2012

Zucchini Raisin Muffins

I love zucchini in any form or fashion. It's great sauteed or baked into cake or muffins. I wanted to use up some zucchini and browsed around for a good muffin recipe. I found one I liked and modified it to be something I thought I'd like more. :) It's SO easy and so delicious. These muffins were gone quickly. They would be great with cream cheese spread on top, too (or cream cheese icing if you want to be really bad). 

I
think I'll double the recipe next time, though, because my muffins (that were baked in the large pan that makes six) were kind of...well...short. :) I also want to encourage you to use golden raisins; you could use regular, but I think the golden variety cook up a little nicer. 


Let me know if you try it out, enjoy it, or come up with an awesome variation. I'd love to hear about it! 


Here's what you need: 
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup finely shredded un-peeled zucchini
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
Here's what you have to do: 

  • In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini and raisins.
  • Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins in jumbo muffin pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!