Monday, August 13, 2012

My donut substitute...

Ok, so, when I'm pregnant I let myself eat A LOT of things that I'd never consider eating when I'm not pregnant. So, basically, every other year I get to indulge in lots of donuts, those little potpies that cost like .47 in the freezer section, slushies, milkshakes, movie theater popcorn, candybars, etc. Now that I have to come back to reality, I'm finding new foods that aren't bad (but act as an acceptable bad food substitute). My new favorite: Greek Yogurt + 1TB Nutella.

You. are. welcome.

I found this little gem of an idea on Pinterest. At first I wasn't sure, because plain Greek Yogurt is a little pungent for my taste. It's kinda like eating sour cream by itself. In fact, you can substitute it for sour cream in recipes (you're welcome, again, if that info is new to you). The Nutella stirs in very easily and the finished product is reminiscent of chocolate pudding (that's good for you and has lots of protein).

Speaking of protein...I never cared much about it before, but realized a year or two ago that it's the golden ticket that keeps me away from sugar. If I consume more protein, especially in the morning, I don't have sugar cravings - which is a HUGE deal, btw. I've fought with the want to consume ridiculous amounts of sugar each day for most of my life. So, combating that has been great!

I hope you try out the Nutella/Greek Yogurt combo. If you do, be sure to let me know! While you're at it, comment below and let me know what other good recipes/combos you use that contain either Nutella or Greek Yogurt. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Take care, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!