Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Because no one wants vampires at the dinner table....

My family and I have a strong affection for garlic (sauce, butter, chicken, minced, whole, bread,

pasta...etc). Basically, it doesn't matter how you use your garlic, we're in. Love, love, love the stuff. Recently, I was meandering around Trader Joe's (with all four kids) trying to figure out what we were having for dinner when I stumbled upon the Many Clove Garlic Sauce.

I had a hankering that this was TJ's version of 40-clove garlic sauce. I've seen the recipe and, while the title alone sounded incredibly d-lish, I'm not making anything that requires me to mess with 40 cloves of garlic. I have four kids. I'm just not doing it. I can hardly count to 40 without being interrupted, let alone peel, press and do whatever else necessary 40 times over to make a delicious sauce. I'd rather hand $2.99 to Trader Joe's and have them do it for me. SO, that's what I did.

Now, quite honestly, I didn't know what I was going to make with this sauce when I snatched it off the shelf and dropped it in the cart. I did know that I'd have about five hours to figure it out, though. SO. Here's what I came up with.

Baked Garlic Chicken

What you need:

  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt, pepper, paprika (season to taste)
  • Many Clove Garlic Sauce (about 1/4-1/2 of the container)
  • Nutritional yeast (enough to sprinkle generously on each chicken breast)
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • In a baking dish (I used my 9x13 Pampered Chef Stoneware dish), place raw chicken in. Season with the salt, pepper, paprika and nutritional yeast. Cover chicken completely with garlic sauce. 
  • Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature is 165 F.
What else is cooking?

In addition to the delicious garlic chicken, I also made brown rice and sautéed veggies. I use the Normandy Blend from Costco. Those veggies are THE BEST and, being the frozen veggie snob I am, I make special trips to Costco to get them and buy in bulk. I sautéed the veggies with olive oil, sea salt and the garlic sauce until tender and amazingly delicious. I also make the veggies a wee bit crispy sometimes (my kids call it burnt, I call it crispy). They are even more amazing that way.  

Stay tuned for my upcoming post on Many Clove Garlic Sauce CLEAN Baked Mac n Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!