Thursday, November 6, 2014

Here's to all the breakfast sandwich lovers!!!!

Okay, I realize that I just told you about my dinner a few hours ago - but I really can't wait until later this evening to tell you about breakfast! I absolutely love breakfast sandwiches. We don't usually get breakfast out; whenever we go on a road trip, though, getting a breakfast sandwich (preferably something McNasty) is one of the highlights. Is that sad? I don't think that's sad.

My glorious waffle egg sandwich.
A month or so I was cruising the aisles of Target and made one of the best impulse-buys of all time. The Hamilton Beach 25475A Breakfast Sandwich Maker (which is cheaper on Amazon than at Target) has been my breakfast go-to almost every morning since.

Here's how it works - the sandwich maker has a few different layers. You add in half of your bread/muffin and the cheese; then add egg and salt or other seasonings in the next layer and top with the rest of the bread/muffin. It cooks it all together and is ready in about 5 minutes!

At first I started with standard breakfast sandwiches (one of my favorites is the egg-white breakfast sandwich from Tim Hortons). I just used an english muffin, egg, cheddar and some salt and pepper to re-create. It was super tasty, but pretty basic. I started imagining all the possibilities...
Egg sandwich on Ezekiel muffins with spicy cheese

Variations

Hubby's double fried egg experiment
  • I bought a spicy shredded cheese from the grocery. Basically once that happened, I haven't gone back to a normal cheddar since. I LOVE spicy cheese.
  • Using *special edition* english muffins. I tried the apple and my husband tried pumpkin - both were very good!!!
  • Yesterday and the day before, I used Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin english muffins (with said spicy cheese), egg, and salt. That was tasty, but my husband wasn't a fan. He claimed too many flavors. We'll just agree to disagree. I thought it was great. 
  • This morning, I attempted my ultimate sandwich...I wasn't sure this was going to work because of the size of the waffles, but it totally did. Two blueberry waffles; 1 egg with salt; 1 slice of colby jack cheese. I could eat this sammie EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Omgosh. I may even try to incorporate syrup somehow. It was SO good and I didn't feel that fast food breakfast guilt. Eggo makes a similar frozen breakfast sandwich, but they are like $6 for 4 sandwiches and not as good. I bought them one time and got one - our oldest daughter got the other three over a couple day time period. 
  • Also this morning, my husband used the sandwich maker to create a double fried? egg. It came out beautifully. He's so sensible. 
So, those are just a few of things you can do with this amazing device. Now, can I get my own informercial? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!