Monday, January 5, 2015

This week's meal plan - (mostly) all from Costco. :)

Did I mention that I love Costco? I think I did...maybe once or twice. I usually go during the week with all four kids and we do our weekly grocery run. My husband had some errands to run this morning, so he dropped two of the kids and I off at Costco for A WHOLE HOUR. Did you know that taking two kids to Costco for an hour is like equivalent to being there for ten minutes with four kids? Don't do the math...just trust me. It was like a leisurely stroll in the park.

As a result, we got to look at ALL THE THINGS and I actually have this week's dinners planned and purchased for this coming week. It feels great to be ahead of the game, but it doesn't usually happen that way for us. I was going to post something else today, but pushed it back till tomorrow so you can check out my weekly meal plan and glean some ideas from it if you like! I know when I'm at a loss for what to cook, I read blog after blog via Pinterest until it's figured out.

Ready? Here we go! 

  • Monday - Oven seared salmon with roasted butternut squash, broccoli and crimini mushrooms and maybe some brown rice on the side - I have to decide if rice is necessary. 
  • Tuesday - Spinach and cheese ravioli with homemade bread and garlic butter - maybe some roasted veggies on the side.
  • Wendesday - Slow cooker Italian chicken with rigatoni or angel hair.
  • Thursday - Garlic butter quinoa and shrimp
  • Friday - Company is coming! Menu TBD
  • Saturday - Chipotle (hoooray!!)

Also, if I get a second, I'm going to make some more viscotta (Italian sesame cookies) for the hubs and I do dip in our morning coffees. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good! I should start planning out my meals that far in advance. It seems like it is a lot easier in the long run.

    -Living chemical free

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!