Thursday, April 26, 2012

TILT: Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil

A few of my friends and family members hopped on the coconut oil bandwagon a few years ago. I didn't understand the fascination at first, but I soon gave in and decided to buy a jar from the health food store. It was more peer pressure and I still didn't know what I was going to do with it once I got it home. I remember taking my first jar of coconut oil out of the cupboard a few times and staring at it, unopened, like it was going to start talking and say, "hey, here's what you do with me." I put it back into the cupboard, still unopened, a fair number of times before I started Googling around to find that there are many, many uses for coconut oil. Soon after, I started including it in baked goods, spreading it on toast and waffles, and even using it to fry up veggies. I've used it in the kids' mac & cheese, too. I've been a believer ever since! Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't make everything taste like coconut. I would say it has a hint of coconut flavor that you may not even notice unless you know it's there. 

In addition to using coconut oil in the kitchen, I keep a jar around to use as a  moisturizer, too! I've used it on my own dry skin as well as my kids' cradle cap! 


So, since I'm a coconut oil believer, I was super excited when the kind folks at Tropical Traditions recently asked me to try out their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. I'd heard so many great things about them from my sister-in-law who loves their products and from my brother-in-law who claims to "eat it off the spoon." When my review package arrived, I tore into it made an excuse to use it right away. I slathered some on a piece of cinnamon raisin sprouted grain toast and - oh. my. word. It's by far the best coconut oil I've used. Tropical Traditions' oil seems to have a better solid consistency than others I've tried - it's very smooth and easy scoop out of the container. Much like the consistency, the taste is also smooth. It has just a slight hint of coconut, and is a welcome replacement in our house for butter. I really love using this gold label oil to sautee green beans, stir-fry veggies, on my waffles and toast. If you're thinking of giving coconut oil a try, please check out Tropical Traditions. Why not start out with the best?

I will be a loyal Tropical Traditions customer from now on. They really care about their customers - it's evident when you read about their production process - and they make a fantastic product.

To learn more about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virign Coconut Oil, watch the video and click on the links below.




















---

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
-----
Did I mention this post is linked up to Things I love Thursday (TILT) at Maria Dismondy's Blog - Be the Difference? Go check it out and see what everyone else is loving this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!