Thursday, May 3, 2012

Attention Coffee Lovers! Homemade Mocha Cookie Frappucino

The Frappucino. It's the gateway drink that eased so many of us into being hardcore - no cream, no sugar - coffee drinkers. Though I drink regular old coffee  most often now, I still enjoy a good Frap from time to time. You know what I don't enjoy, though? Paying $4.00 or more for one at a coffee shop. With all the hype going on over a popular coffee chain's new cookie frap, I decided to create my own version. This is the first time I've tried to make a frap from home and I have to say, what I came up with was pretty delicious. I'm not going to pretend for a second that this is health food we're blending here, but it cost much less than $4 to make and I think it's comparable to something found in a coffee shop. 


Here's what you need: 

  • Ice (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
  • Milk (about 1/2 cup)
  • Oreos (I used the Oreo minis and they blend well - however many your heart desires)
  • Cold coffee (about 6oz)
  • Chocolate coffee creamer (about 3T - You could use chocolate syrup, too, or chocolate pudding powder. If you use powder, add more milk/coffee).
Here's what you do:
  • Throw it all in the blender and mix it up until smooth. I added the ingredients in the following order: ice, milk, creamer, coffee, oreos.

Easy, right? If you have whipped cream and some cookie crumbs to spare - that would just be an added bonus to crown this already delectable beverage.

If you try it, let me know what you think! If you have additional suggestions, leave them in the comments box below. I'd love to hear what you have to say! 







Just a reminder...if you haven't entered to win our coconut oil giveaway, be sure to do so. The contest closes on Friday and one lucky randomly selected reader will be sent a quart of Tropical Traditions delicious Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil ($30 value). Yum! Click here to read all about it and to submit your entry.

-----
Did I mention this post is linked up to Things I love Thursday (TILT) at Maria Dismondy's Blog - Be the Difference? Go check it out and see what everyone else is loving this week!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Please come link up today for Homemaking Thursdays over at my blog! This is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I brew too much coffee in the morning (rare now that 3 of us are drinking it), I pour the leftovers into an ice cube tray. Then, when my teenagers are craving a cold coffee drink, they blend the coffee cubes and their drink is not watered down. Your drink idea sounds delicious, but now while I'm dieting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Jennifer! Coffee shop hopping is an expensive habit to start. I really like being able to make my own at home. I appreciate the tips! :) PS. One smoothie ingredient I love while dieting is PB2, powdered peanut butter. It's 45 calories (I believe) for 2T whereas regular PB is about 200 calories. It's not diet food, it's just PB without all the additives and broken down into a powder. Great, great, great with a banana! :) Take care and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. You forgot a couple of key ingredients...whip cream and chocolate shavings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes...that would be the best part, now wouldn't it? :)

      Delete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!