Wednesday, May 9, 2012

PinFTW: Child Training Bible

From the second I saw this pin for the Child Training Bible, I knew it was a must-have for our family. What I didn't know, however, is how much it would be a must-have for mommy as well. This thoughtful Bible-centered guide for child discipline was created by a homeschooling mom of four in an effort to speak the words of truth to her own children. From what I can tell, her creation has been wildly popular. I see it popping up on pins, blogs, and Facebook almost every day.

I ordered the supplies needed to put this Bible together right away and got to work soon after it arrived. Not only has this project been helpful for me as a mom, it's been helpful for me as a Christian. Going through each area of discipline, highlighting and reading the related verses has been really enlightening. I've learned a lot of great verses and started thinking critically about how to apply some of the ones I already knew.  Putting the complete Training Bible together is simple, even for this non-crafter. All you have to do is follow the directions that come with the laminated reference cards, then highlight and post-it your heart out.

I would not only recommend this affordable, color-coded masterpiece to parents, but also to anyone who's looking for counsel within the Word of God. It's a very easy way to find scriptural direction easily to many areas of discipline - great for those just learning about the Bible and those who have read it cover to cover many times over. I encourage you to check it out and get started on your own. :)

Interested? 
Check out the Child Training Bible website by clicking here.
Link up with Child Training Bible on Facebook by clicking here.

These Bibles make great gifts - especially for new parents!!! If you've used one, I'd love to know what you think. Leave your feedback in the comment box below. Feel free to ask any questions as well and I'll do my best to answer. :)

(PS. I highly recommend ordering your highlighters and post-its from the Amazon links shown on the site - you need to make sure all of the colors match those on the laminated cards. The pew Bible shown is nice, too).

(PPS. This post is linked up with Jenny & Emily's PinFTW blog carnival at Mommin' it Up. Go check 'em out and see all that's Pinteresting today). 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree this is a must have for Mommy's! I just wanted to stop by and let you know I am giving one away with the supplies... so if you know anyone who would like to enter, they just have to go to:
    http://www.godsmostprecious.blogspot.com/2012/05/child-training-bible-review-and.html

    God Bless!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!