Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yes, I bought something from an infomercial. Yes, it works.

Once upon a time, before birthing  four little channel-flippers, I used to watch TV. Admittedly, I watched some pretty cheesy made-for-TV movies, flicks from the 80s and 90s and, you guessed it, infomercials.

Now, I don't order all the As Seen on TV junk that comes across the screen, but there is one thing that I saw on TV, own, and actually love! It's Turbo Jam! Oh...I guess I have a Snuggie, too.  That's two things. But, today, we're talking about Turbo Jam and a similar series, Turbo Fire.

Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire, both lead by Chalene Johnson, who encourages viewers, offers intensity options for all fitness levels and has contagious enthusiasm that just makes you want to keep burning calories! The videos in each series are all great; they contain many different workouts (that are varying times - 15min, 25min, 30min, etc.) The workouts will definitely get your heart rate going and time passes very quickly as the class and music are both engaging. My favorite workouts FIRE30 and HIIT20 because they are fast, fun, and burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time.

My main reason for joining a gym in the past was to be able to participate in group fitness. Sometimes, though, those classes are at really bad times (like when I'm making dinner, putting kids to bed or sleeping in the wee hours of the morning). These video series sets are as close as it gets, for me, to group fitness, however. I highly recommend them and suggest that you stop by BeachBody's website to check them out. Yes, they are on the pricy side, but they are worth it. And, no, I'm not a BeachBody Coach, but I could recommend one if you're looking. :)

1 comment:

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!