Wednesday, September 26, 2012

PinFTW: It's almost like making pastries...for dummies.

Ok, so, I like fancy tasting food, but I'm not such a fancy chef. I'm more like a little-of-this/little-of-that/make it up as I go, chef. I had to make a snack for our church group a few weeks ago and was fresh out of recipe ideas; sooooo, I zoned out on Pinterest for a while until I found something worthy of a snack to share. I'd been seeing these little yummies float around on my pin feed for a while, but never really had a reason to make them.

Because we go through both crescent rolls and Nutella in mass quantities in this house, I had the two main ingredients on hand. AND, luckily, powdered sugar is one of those things I buy a whole new bag of every time I need it for a recipe (because I'm just not sure if we have any), so we had about two tons of that in the pantry as well.

I was able to assemble these little treats quickly (it's basically this: unroll the crescent dough, spread each triangle with Nutella, then roll-up, bake, and sprinkle with powdered sugar when they come out of the oven). I also loved the fact that I didn't have to measure anything. It's basically a Nutella and powdered sugar free-for-all ~ use as much or as little as you like. YUM! I absolutely loved these and they may have been better the next day. Spreading the Nutella on the dough can get a little messy, but that's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I used two cans of rolls (to feed a crowd). It was more than enough. I think I ate two for breakfast the next day.

I will definitely make them again. :) Be sure to let me know if you try them and like them (or don't like them)!

Be sure to join the PinFTW blog hop by entering your info on the post below.

2 comments:

  1. I needed an idea for Bible Study tonight. I think JRap will be pleased! Thanks Chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Lulee! I can't believe the cakepop lady needs ideas! JRap should be pleased, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!