Thursday, January 17, 2013

About that watch...

So, my FB friends know that they'll be seeing the face of my Polar Heart Rate Monitor watch, displaying calorie burn stats,  on their newsfeeds every time I finish a workout. I'm sure some people wonder why the crap I do that and it probably does annoy a select few (sorry if you're one of those easily annoyed people). However. I'm going to keep posting it and I'll tell you why.

No, I'm not bragging about my fancy dancy watch. I'm not showing off personal fitness records or even that I'm getting healthier; I'm also not taunting those who chose not to work out that day (that's been me on a million bajillion occasions). I do it because it keeps me accountable. It keeps people asking me "how are your workouts going?" or giving me that "good job" - that keeps me motivated! I'd really hate to tell someone: "well, I've decided to sit around and eat chips and candy again today." Right?! I post it, also, because (regardless of how many times I've posted it, there's still someone who hasn't seen it). People message me and ask about it all the time - which is awesome!! They want to know where to get one (amazon.com, btw), what it does, how it's helped my workouts and - most importantly - how it can help them.

Did I tell you I like helping people? I do. Helping people is my favorite. And, in case you haven't noticed, that's what this blog is about.

So, for as many people as it annoys, I hope it helps just as many people either get motivated to workout or at least consider making lifestyle changes that will help them get healthy. I've been SO motivated by others; If this blog, or my dumb watch motivates at least one person. That's good enough for me. I want others do know this, you're not on an impossible journey. You just have to get on the road and go; you might pull-over from time to time, but as long as you reach your destination, that's all that matters. If I can do it, so can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!