Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chipotle Restaurant Style Brown Rice

Our family takes a trip to Chipotle for dinner once a week. We think it's basically the best chain dining establishment ever and after eating there every week for nearly a year straight, it looks like we won't be tiring of it any time soon. I always get the same thing - a brown rice bowl with barbacoa and cheese. I know, I'm neglecting a lot of the delicious options on their burrito line, but it works for my palate. I used to get other things, but now I'm totally stuck in my ways and can't separate myself from this variation. I think I love it so much because it's mostly rice. Who doesn't love that salty, limey, cinlantro-y goodness?? And, since I love it so much, I decided to learn how to make it myself so we could enjoy it at home, too. I did an experimental batch to take to our small group, and it turned out great! Since all but a spoonful was gone at the end of our meeting, I made more today to have ready for lunches this week and weekend. It's good clean eating practice to pre-plan food so you don't...you know...binge out on those Cadbury Eggs you've been hiding since Easter. Wait...what?

It's such an easy recipe...ready to hear it? This batch size is basically for a clean eating army, so adjust as you see fit.

Here's what you need: 

  • 8 cups of brown rice, cooked. 
  • 1 organic lime 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • Handful of cilantro, chopped (I used the Ninja - ain't nobody got time for hand-chopping cilantro).


Here's what you do: 

  • Cook your rice (I used our rice cooker because it delivers brown rice perfection every time)
  • Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl; juice entire lime over rice; add in cilantro, salt and sugar; stir all until well-combined. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!