Thursday, October 24, 2013

You know how they say your nose never stops growing?

I'm pretty sure the same is true for my forehead. Over the last couple years, I've been increasingly
conscious about the size of my noggin and I've been thinking about hairstyles that will flatter my big-head a little more. So, recently, I started pinning things like "bangs" "long hair bangs" "2013 bangs" "trendy bangs" and "cute bangs" on my hair and make-up board on Pinterest.

And I kept pinning. 

And pinning some more. 

Do you see the size of my ginormous forehead? Am I the only one who sees this?


When I got a hair cut the other day, I ALMOST asked Candy, my Hair Artist, to cut bangs for me. Alas, we were in a hurry and I took it as a sign to stay in the world of no-bangs. I was still thinking about it. though; the pins were taunting me. So, I asked around for insight. When I mentioned taking the bang plunge, one friend said she was "scared for me."  My sister-in-law gave me the, "oh...oh....I just don't know..." So, I considered their words of caution, then I immediately texted Candy. We're so doing this. "How soon can you cut them?"

Hey, I'm 10 kinds of dramatic when it comes to hair cutting and styling and coloring. Remember when I cut my own while I was pregnant?

How about my blonde hair? Anywho. I ain't scared of no hair transformation.


SO, the first time we could meet for the bang-ectomy was yesterday. She basically cut the coat of a small dog of my head and it was done. Finished. 10lbs of my hair scattered across the floor. AND, I am the proud wearer of some rockin' bangs that reduce the appearance of my giant head and, keep me a little warmer, in fact.

I rather like them, what do you think?


In case you care, I used the Conair Infiniti YOU CURL Curling WandThermal Styling Spray by Kenra, and about 12 gallons of hair spray as well as  to curl my hair as shown in the photo above.

Now, back to Pinterest so I can Pin more "chalk paint" ideas for our bathroom cabinets. If it works out (or, you know, if it doesn't) a blog post is sure to follow. 





4 comments:

  1. love the bangs! And I'm not a huge bang person, but I think it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally related to the big forehead thing! I too am blessed with a big ol' noggin! If it weren't for my curly hair, I would have taken the bang plunge a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bangs are darling!

    I actually found your blog through Pinterest because I'm looking to take the plunge and cut bangs in as well. Your new bangs may have just convinced me!

    (P.S. I'm so glad to have your blog on my reading radar :) )

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!