Thursday, August 22, 2013

I've decided something...

As disorganized as I can be sometimes, I totally thrive on structure. I know that doesn't make sense, but let me tell you something....since our kids have been back in school, this whole eating better and exercising thing got a lot easier. Like, a lot a lot. All of the sudden we have a schedule again. Weeeee! It's like some light turned on and I know how to shop for healthy food and workout again. So, hopefully, I'll start seeing results again. I've been stuck in the same weight range for like six months or something crazy. I'm hopping to get into the next 10 pound range very soon.

Here's what I'm going to do to get there... (are you ready for this?)
  • Eat clean.
  • Drink water.
  • Exercise.
  • Praise God.
I know. Nothing shocking there. It feels SO good just to take those simple steps toward progress when you've been off the radar for a while. I actually enjoying working out (I know...something must be wrong) and I'm searching Pinterest with a fresh-food frame of mind, lately...instead of scoping out the latest cookies. I've been doing Couch to 5k with a friend and it's been going really well so far. I'm hopefully to be able to run the whole darn 3.1 miles for once and for all. The scale hasn't been moving just yet (it usually likes to mess with me like that when I throw in exercise) but I feel focused and energized. 

Here's what else I know. 

These vegetarian protein (made from rice, pea and soy protein - also GF) shakes are really good! You can check the company's website for your local retailers. It's an easy way to get a good, healthy meal in when you're in a hurry...or when you're just out of ideas.


Lysa TerKeurst is a pretty smart cookie and this quote of hers is really sticking with me this week!



My friend, Karen, made us some super delicious granola. I've been having it over greek yogurt at lunch - so simple and satisfying. I love granola, don't you?


I still love coffee and my delicious un-clean coffee creamer just as much as ever. At least it's not crack. Right?


1 comment:

  1. COFFEEEEEEEEE! And Praise Jesus. Just cut out food altogether. Oh, I kid! <3 You!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!