Saturday, August 10, 2013

Perhaps I should blog something.

But I've been busy - cleaning the house; changing diapers; taking a million bajillion photos with my new camera; reading; did I say laundry?; having birthdays for half our kids; living up the last of summer; shopping at my new favorite used book store; hugging on my babies who are getting so big; waiting for friends to have their babies so I can go hug on them, too; going on my first girls night out since 2011 - yeah, I'm a neglectful friend like that; wearing my flip-flops thin; thinking about working out, but not actually doing it; listening to the new Derek Webb album (which is awesome, btw); getting ready to send the kids back to school and, of course, not eating what I'm supposed to. Oh, yeah, and more laundry.

I promise to up the blogging ante once my littles are back in school. Summer is basically a free-for-all when it comes to our schedules. For now, I'll leave you with something completely random. The other day, a friend of mine told me she wanted to try out Trader Joe's. If you've read this blog for more than a hot second, you probably know that I big-warm-fuzzy-heart TJ's. I love it so much that I made her a comprehensive shopping list to make her trip more enjoyable. This is big, you guys, because I don't shop with a list. I wouldn't stick to it anyway; so, why bother? SO, all TJ's stock different things, but I think I've listed some of their staples, here. Check it out and happy shopping. PS. The aisle designations are from our TJ's and likely won't match up to yours. PPS. This isn't meant to be a "clean eating" list.

Notes about shopping TJ's

  • No, the prices aren't out of control.
  • Yes, it's kid friendly. I take all four kids by myself and make it out alive every single time. They have lollis and stickers at the checkouts. 
  • Yes, they have bags, but it's cool if you bring your own.

Aisle 1 (all the way to the left and left of the fruit)
  • Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread
  • Oat bread (for the kids)
  • Hummus quartet
  • Mild salsa
  • English cucumber (aka seedless/burp less)
  • Bananas
  • Clementine Oranges
  • Other fruit, veggie, eggplant, avocado
(Opposite side of first aisle)
  • Almond butter
  • Honey
  • Maple syrup
  • Many clove garlic sauce
  • Brown rice pasta
  • Brown basmati rice
  • Marinara sauce
  • Marinated artichokes
(Dairy aisle along back wall)
  • Eggs
  • Butter
  • Almond milk
  • Greek yogurt
  • The chocolate pudding is pretty much amazing
(Aisle 2 - Frozen foods)
  • Orange chicken
  • Sockeye salmon
  • Cat cookies (cinnamon) - look on the shelf above frozen foods
  • Chinese potstickers and/or egg rolls
  • Strawberry coconut milk ice cream
  • Coffee and cream latte bars (these are SO good)
(Aisle 3 - Snacks and such)
  • Olive oil popcorn
  • Veggie chips
  • Quinoa black bean chips (all 6 of us eat these) - good in the hummus
  • Hot tea, if you like tea
(Aisle 4) I can't remember...I think it's soaps, toothpaste, protein powder, etc. I don't get any of that there.

(Back wall cereal aisle)

  • Puffins (original and PB) all of our kids and the hubs and I love puffins!!
  • Chia seeds
  • Oats
(Far wall with meat)

  • Love the Bool Kogi (for the grill - it's TJ's version of Korean Bulgogi)
  • Hebrew National Hot Dogs - safe alternative to regular hot dogs
  • Chicken breasts
  • Any other meat that looks good
  • Havarti lite cheese
  • Dubliner Irish Cheddar
  • Cheese sticks
  • Turkey breast, salami, etc.
If you like adult beverages, the Newton's Folly hard cider is delicious. Trader Jose's beer is good, too. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I hear the laundry room calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? I'd love to hear it!